Hello. I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom townhouse in Riverdale, Bronx, NY for long term rent (appr. 3-4 years), for family of four.

Asked by Olga, Pikesville, MD Mon Jan 2, 2012

Answers

7
, ,
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Hi Ivolga,
Did you find your new home?

I can help you.
CONTACT: Miekeba Jones 240.715.8284 or miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Esther Zimet, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Hi Ivolga,
I own EZ Premier Realty in Riverdale. I have both owned and leased 4 different apartments in Riverdale and have lived over 34 years there. I am quite familiar with rental availabilities both from my professional and personal lives. There are several homes on the market to rent that I am aware of. I would be happy to show you around and help you find your home. Please call me at 917-838-3440 or e-mail me at erze40@aol.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Have you considered working with an agent of your own; also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
Michael Levy, Agent, Armonk, NY
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Hi: I can definitely help you find the right house at the right price. Please call me at my office: 914-273-9688 so that we can better communicate regarding your search. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Happy new year. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits.
Rey Hollings…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Make sure you check out the 2 bedroom on Henry Hudson Pkway. It has a 1000sqft deck. If you would like more info on this one...AskRey.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rhollingsworth@houlihanlawrence.com
Web Reference:  http://AskRey.net
Weichert Rea…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Jan 2, 2012
Hi Ivolga,

I would be happy to help you. I own the Weichert office on Kappock Street in Riverdale. Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss your specific needs (Price, location, amenities, etc...). I look forward to hearing from you.

JOE GREENE
Broker/Owner

WEICHERT,REALTORS - House & Home
609 Kappock Street
Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 432-5000 (Office)
(718) 432-2091 (Fax)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
http://www.WeichertWorks4U.com
joegreene@weichert.com