Hello, Could someone tell me does Platte City, MO welcome diversity? I need to be closer to St. Joesph for work but do not want to live there.

Asked by extra4, Missouri Thu Sep 26, 2013

Thanks My job requires relocation about every 2-3 years, so any suggestions on how to quickly research safe, diverse, and family friendly areas would be appreciated. I am asking for shortcuts because I am no longer able to find the time to visit before relocating.

Answers

3
christy lane, Renter, 64079
Fri Apr 22, 2016
yes it does i am a single african american female with a teenage son and I have live here for almost a year and I love the community
Lillian Kenn…, Renter, Liberty, MO
Sun May 31, 2015
Platte City is a wonderful place to grow up. I spent every summer there on Holt Family Farm. Nothing beats the Platte County Fair in Farley. I'd move to Platte City in a heartbeat. You will love it there.
Jessica Sharp, Agent, Weston, MO
Sat Sep 28, 2013
Hi! Platte City is very family oriented and has a pretty solid school system. There's occasional violence, but it's considered rare. The area has experienced a lot of growth over the last decade or so, but still maintains quite a bit of a small town atmosphere. As far as diversity, it's not the most ethnically diverse place to live (especially in comparison to KC) but I would say it is welcomed and appreciated.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I have lived in Platte City all my life, so I have quite a bit of background knowledge : ). Also, I just recently got my real estate license and I'd love to show you any houses you might be interested in seeing.
Thanks!
Jessica Sharp