Have to relocate to Houston,TX for a job.. Job area is in downtown ( fannin st.) . I have a 5 month old. Any safe and better affordable areas ?

Asked by Kirthi Hanisha, 77002 Thu Oct 17, 2013

Answers

6
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Affordable can mean a lot of different things to many people. Anything inside the 610 loop that would allow a shorter commute to downtown can be expensive. There are some town homes or condo that you might be able to purchase in starting around $125,000 and they would have garages.

Renting is an option as well, but even nice communities with 1 bedroom apartments can start at $800 a month. Buying or renting, we have many automated tools you might be interested in.

You can review crime via many website posted by real estate sites like this as well as the Houston Police Department. http://mycity.houstontx.gov/crime/ Realtors don't keep this kind of information.

I think we are going to need more information. Let us know which way your thinking and how we can help you. Thank you!

Mark McNitt
m 83-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the quick turn up. Yes we are planning to rent.. preferably a 2b-2b apt. My husband works at the Energy corridor off I-10 and katyfreeway, but we are planning to move to a place near to my work area. Looking for a easy commute 15-20 mins via bus or rail, and someplace with good day care and affordable living. I provided u all the details via contact .
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
Gabrielle St…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Are you looking to buy or rent? I would be more than happy to assist you in finding somewhere to live nearby your work. I am a Realtor in Houston and can show you surrounding areas that meet your needs.
Please contact me using the information below and we can discuss your situation.

Gabrielle Strout
281-435-3729
gstrout@kw.com
http://www.sellwithgabrielle.com
Thanks Gabrielle. Will send u an email.
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
Les Lobo, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Hi Kirthi ,

Welcome to Houston !

I have been a Realtor / Locator in Houston for over 25 years .

I understand you would need an Apartment rental : 2 bedroom / 2 bath within 15 minute commute to downtown Fannin Street ?

Please let me know what maximum rent you are willing to pay . ?

Maximum is usually 1/3 the Total gross Income.

Also when do you plan to move ? Any pets ?

Please call me direct land line 281-568-4537 , or Email me houtex123@gmail.com .

I will be happy to assist you with making your move smooth and trouble free .

Looking forward to hearing from you .

Have a great day !

Les Lobo . Realtor professional who cares

In business for over 25 years !
Will go the extra mile to get the job done

Champions Real Estate Group
2323 S. Voss , # 120
Houston , Texas 77057

281-568-4537 Direct Land Line
281-222-6950 Cell

houtex123@gmail.com
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hello Kirthi,

I can help you with some apartment locations that will be relatively close to your area of work or somewhere a bit out of the downtown area to make it easy for your family to communicate.

Please give me an idea of your budget. Will also need to know if you have pets so I can check on that aspect. Generally there is an extra deposit if you have pets.

More importantly, when are you planning to move here? A lot depends on the availability of the apartments.

The contact below is the best way to reach me.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Barbara Gret…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Absolutely! Houston, TX has many, many areas with very affordable and safe communities that also have very excellent public schools!
We have specialized in the relocation and real estate needs of professionals to the Houston area for over 30 yrs.!
We can show you how your lifestyle needs, wants and goals can be met in this wonderful city!
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Are you looking to lease or purchase? In either event, Realtors are not permitted to discuss whether an area is "safe." You can look up recent criminal activity on Trulia's link below.