HUD Vash Voucher

Asked by Shaun, Brooklyn, NY Wed Mar 27, 2013

I have a HUD Vash section 8 voucher and I'm looking for a nice apartment in the canarsie area. I need a 2 bedroom or maybe a 3 bedroom if available with utilities included. I'm not quite sure what my voucher limit will be but my briefing date is only a week away. I will kno exactly the amount is. But my estimations is that it will be in the $1500 area.

Answers

1
Edmond_edwar…, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Aug 8, 2015
Yeah, did that and all... VASH does nothing (They cordinate between every one) the Voucher I recieved is for $1250.00 and my part (stated on the Voucher) is about $335.00. The voucher is good for 120 days and can be extended another 120 days. This voucher specifies a 1 bedroom dwelling. I can go for a no bedroom. Also according to the Housing Authority on 2600 Wilshire (LA) I can not rent a room. It can be an apartment, town house or house, that sort of thing. According to the worker (HUD) and VASH they do not help with deposit or wave the credit check (They told me that was between the landlord and my self).

VASH tells me that I am not on Section 8, they say tell the landlord that I am on VASH-HUD or HUD-VASH (landlords when told this say, I am on HUD or SECTION 8... The VOUCHER is HUD (SECTION 8). Thus you must locate a place with no more than the amount of the voucher and that works with section 8, period. Further according to the HUD worker, if you rent a place for more than the amount of the voucher, the cost of rent minus the amount of the voucher is for YOU to pay.
Let's get some thing going here... email me at edmond_edwards2015@yahoo.com or call (if no answer leave a message) 818-917-3589 try to get others on this system involved and let's work together to set up a data base and help each other in searching. I use a app on Windows (Laptop) called infoangel (it is from angle writer people (search for angel writer), it is a very good database app. Sorry if this don't help but your not alone, HUD and VASH leave a lot out, both in reguards to what you do, what the voucher does and what they do.