Frustrated! Can't find a suitable home or townhome rental. Need help.

Asked by imbpanama, Norfolk, VA Wed Feb 27, 2013

I have recently relocated to the Norfolk area. I am looking for a rental that is within the NOrfolk, or Porstmouth area, since I work in Suffolk. I have spent 2-3 weeks trying to find something and have not been succesful. Is there a company that provides that service?

I am looking for something for one person, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, updated kitchen with gas stove (love to cook), parking garage, wooden floors, preferably not a yard to take care of. I am running out of ideas on where to look.

Most properties I've seen look old, or the neighborhood is not the best, or the property not well kept. My budget is around mid 1000 and can go higher for an oustanding property. I am willing to rent for 1 year.

Answers

8
Dora Lee Tay…, Agent, Norfolk, VA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Hopefully, you have found the right rental property by now, but if not, please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Dora Lee Taylor
Brian Keller, , Norfolk, VA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
I am the primary rental agent with Keller Williams and I would love to help you find the right rental. Please feel free to give me a call. I think you will be amazed at the results. I have helped many people in the few months I have worked with renters. Let me know how I can help you.

Brian Keller
(757)274-8504
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Consider getting qualified by a lender to buy, Rents are now in many cases higher than the cost of ownership. and there are still some first time buyer deals out there check with a local lender, Here is where to find a couple of them http://chooseahomenow.com/local-lenders
Brian Keller, , Norfolk, VA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
I would like to help you; I am a rental agent with Keller Williams. I will find the best property for your price range and then negotiate your lease. Feel free to shoot me an email, or call me; you will be glad you did. brian@hrreatlypros.com (757)274-8504

The Rental King.
Cheryl Talbot, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Let me suggest you contact a real estate company who services the region where you want to live. Many Real Estate companies have property management divisions who are the experts in finding you the right rental home. They know the areas well and can get you what you need to find a home. Now you may in fact run into the same problems but at least you are getting everything out there that's up for rent. You might want to reconsider and find an apartment. Many of them are newer or have been updated. The public is demanding nicer apartments in nicer areas. I would also like to suggest if you in fact are working in suffolk, that you try to stay closer to there. Traffic from Norfolk and other surrounding areas to Suffolk can be very difficult. Look at the Western Branch section of Chesapeake. It's nice and closer to suffolk. Then from there, you might want to try getting with a property manager who can get you what you need. Thanks and much luck!!
Chuck Halman, Agent, Virginia beach, VA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
I will have one in Ghent with off street parking, in 1 to 2 weeks. $1050 monthly. It is a 3rd floor unit, 2 bedrooms 1 bath. Please call me Chuck Halman 7573289896. i am a licensed VA real estate broker.
Terri Kurows…, Agent, Norfolk, VA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
A quick search on the MLS shows that there are a few, but not a lot of rental properties that match your criteria currently listed, and it's often not noted on the listing whether or not there's a gas stove.

I don't know of a company that specifically helps renters but lots of real estate agents do. I work with renters all the time. Feel free to contact me via email, phone or text and I will help you find the right place.

Terri Kurowski, Bayview Realty 757.639.6817 terrikurowski@yahoo.com
KK German, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Have you tried Chesapeake or Virginia Beach?
You will not find a townhouse in Portsmouth or Norfolk, there are very few there.
But I know you say home OR townhouse.
My sister commuted from Virginia Beach to Suffolk daily for five years.
I do help renters, if you'd like to contact me.
Sincerely, KK German, Wainwright Real Estate
Web Reference:  http://www.kkgerman.com
Thanks for your reply. We have ruled out Virginia Beach because of distance. Cheseapeake is an option but not at the top of the list. I will contact you. Thanks
Flag Wed Feb 27, 2013