Fort Myers family with eviction needs a home

Asked by Kristine Baymon, Fort Myers, FL Thu Feb 21, 2013

Does anyone know of any rentals in Fort Myers or Lehigh Acres that will rent to a family with an eviction? Were in dire need, and prepared to pay first, last and security. Just need someone to give us a chance.

Answers

9
tbowles58, , Fort Myers, FL
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Jones MHP on old 41 in No ft Myers. I beleve you can move in with 450.00 on some of them.
Good luck...
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Fri Feb 22, 2013
I'm not sure that's better, Kristine. Why didn't you just stop doing what the HOA didn't want you to do?
Leah / Micha…, Renter, Lehigh Acres, FL
Thu Apr 24, 2014
I'M in the same situation. We discovered black mold in our house. We gave a notice of 30 days. And they still evicted us. And the homeowners never fixed the mold they plan on selling the house with the mold inside.... What ever you do DO NOT RENT FROM A LADY NAMED JENNIFER HUDSON OR SUDDLE
Key real estate evicted us when they made me go three weeks without plumbing and sewage water backed up into my house in both toilets, tubs, and floors. Keep in mind I have three small children. I had to call the health department for them to finally fix it
Flag Wed Jul 23, 2014
Kristin Ungl…, Renter, Lehigh Acres, FL
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Dear Kristine, I am in the same boat. My family was burglarized three times in the matter of three months, our landlord refused to fix anything and despite this, we were still evicted fro not paying rent and now NOONE will rent to us. My best advice for you is to try to find a private owner, explain the situation and pray for a miracle. Good luck. You will need it.
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Kristine, it sounds like your situation got out of hand. Ideally, you would have agreed to move out before they completed the eviction process. But what's done is done. I'd suggest that you look for an older home for rent with no HOA. Be upfront with the homeowner regarding what happened. And yes, Mack is right, they may want a higher than normal security deposit. I'd suggest you look for signs posted at grocery stores, in likely neighborhoods, newspapers, etc.

Your other option would be to try apartment rentals, but again, you want to be upfront on what happened.

Do try to find out if the property is going through foreclosure. You wouldn't want to move in, only to need to move out a few weeks later.
Kristine Bay…, Home Buyer, Fort Myers, FL
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for your input Mack, but I'm looking for a solution. Do you have anything constructive to say?
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Feb 23, 2013
I think you might have to offer a little extra security deposit, Kristine. On the one hand, it's great to a potential landlord that you pay your bills on time. On the other hand, it's not exactly reassuring to know that you were evicted for basically disorderly conduct - no matter how unfair the HOA was.

Fri Feb 22, 2013
We did try to comply, but they always came up with something new. Its a gated community that we found out wasn't as family friendly as we were told. So we tried to follow the rules but it became hard to maintain when everyday they were looking for things to write us up for.

So even if I was perfect, I don't believe it would have mattered to them, they don't want renters and definitely not renters with children.

This community should be a 55+ community if they didn't want kids.

So to answer you question...I tried. Paid every fine they hit me with. I'm a great tenant even my Landlord from that property gives me a great reference. It was just the HOA that we had issues with.
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Just to clarify, this is not a financial eviction. We were evicted by the HOA due to violation of there rules and regulations of the Association.