Rentals in 32822>Question Details

Chris Lester, Renter in 32822

Finding it very hard to find short term leases in Orlando.

Asked by Chris Lester, 32822 Wed Aug 15, 2012

I just moved down to Orlando from the DC area and needless to say, its like paradise down here compared to our nation's capital.

Anyways, I just moved down here to take a job that may or maynot exist in Jan 1st, 2013. As a result, I'm looking for a short term lease in the 32822 area code (or there abouts). I'm finding this almost impossible. Currently, my company is paying for me to live in a hotel but that'll only last so long so I'm trying to be proactive here.

The shortest rent I seem to be able to find is a 7 month lease. I understand that is because they passed a law to try to protect the hotels (lol) around Disney so any lease less than 7 months is subject to a 12.5% tax.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking for anything supper fancy. It would be nice to find something furnished but if not, no big deal. I'd like to stay within 20 minutes of the airport. This has been a frustrating endeavor.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 32822

Maria Wallace’s answer
Your best bet is to check the short-term rental area near Disney World. Most of the short-term rentals will be near the attractions, i.e., Kissimmee tourist corridor, etc.

Maria Wallace, ABR, GRI, SFR, Realtor - Providing home selling and buying assistance and advice for almost ten years in Orlando, Kissimmee, Ocoee, Winter Garden, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Clermont and Davenport.
Coldwell Banker Residential, LLC
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2012
Hi, Almost Home Corporate Housing offers a beautiful and spacious short-term rental, a fully furnished 2x2 apartment in Avalon Park (East Orlando) not far from great restaurants and shopping.

You can view it here

If interested, please submit a request for a quote using this form or call 866-743-9031 or email

Best wishes!

Brandon Van Wyk
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 21, 2012
Please contact me so we can discuss your needs in detail - I'm happy to help.
Rhonda Smith
Keller Williams Classic II Realty
cell: 407.494.9950
Maybe try the short term rental houses in the area.
Good Luck with the job!
Hi Chris,
I have a property for rent in 32822 "furnished", I just need to know how long you will stay in the proeprty.
Contact me at
I am sure that this apartment is the perfect one for you.
3 bedrooms by the way
Kind regards.
i have a son that is going to orlando for three months beginning 2/20/15.
Flag Thu Feb 5, 2015