Does anyone know a good yet affordable R.E. attorney? Preferably located in the East Valley Area (Sherman Oaks, Studio City, NoHo...Encino).

Asked by Mstporter90, 91605 Thu Sep 15, 2011

I am having legitimate issues with the owner and manager of the apartment complex in which I live. The tricky part is the building is in escrow, so I now I am dealing with the soon to be owner as well as the current owner.

Below I have listed some of the key components of my situation.

* Never rec'd a copy of my rental agreement and when I did, the manager pulled a bait and switch, adding specific dates (12 month lease) to what was originally a month to month

* Pests, Pests, Pests! This is beyond a roach here and there. This place is infested and should brought to the attention of the health department.

* I was given a unit in which the previous occupant killed someone and fled. I found this out when the police came to my door looking for him!!!!!!!

* Met the soon to be owner the other day, he was shocked when he heard that I paid a security deposit. He said that the current owner is claiming to not have taken any deposits! Uh-oh.

The lawyer gets to hear the rest.

Answers

2
John Byers, Agent, Toluca Lake, CA
Thu Sep 15, 2011
I don't know any specific in that area but a good website to check out is http://sanfernandovalley.lawinfo.com/attorney/real-estate.html . I usually use Bartsch and Webb for my real estate issues but I believe they are based in Hollywood and Manhattan Beach but they could still assist you as well.
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Thu Sep 15, 2011
David Rendall is very good.