Does a rental property (a house) rent well if it's located in front of apartment complexes?

Asked by meow_aya, Austin, TX Fri Sep 20, 2013

Answers

6
Bruce Lynn’s answer
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Really depends on the house, the apartment, and your target market.
Nice house and bad apartment...maybe not.
If it is a slight move up, maybe nice to have a lot of traffic looking at your sign.
You get to piggy back on the apartment's marketing efforts.
That is if you think you will be getting people who might rent the apt to rent your house instead.

Would you rent it? Would your friends or family rent it in that location?
What is your realtor telling you?
Jeffrey Nyla…, , Austin, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
I agree with Perry and Creede below. The Austin area market and economy is performing as close to flawless as possible.

Judging from the folks I speak with, the majority would rather lease a home over an apartment any day.

From what I am seeing and experiencing, you could probably rent a tent to someone next to an apartment complex. .

All the best!
Steven Owen, , Austin, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Most of the time, a home located next to an apartment complex would attract more renters than buyers.

So yes, you could certainly look into renting out the property.

However, the price you could demand depends on many factors including the quality of the complex, quality of the home, the location, and the market for your area.

I would be happy to help you find a market price for your rental home and help you with the leasing process! You can reach me any time at steven-owen@jbgoodwin.com.
Stuart McWil…, Agent, Lakeway, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
It would be difficult to give you a correct answer without additional details. Demand for rental in the area your home is will have a big impact on your ability to rent out the home.

How comparable is the apartment to the home is another factor. Most renters who are looking for a house do not want to live in an apartment.

With more details I would be happy to help.

I can be reached at stuart@beyondrealtytx.com
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
I can think of lots of examples where that answer is yes.
Creede Fitch, Agent, austin, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Absolutely, as long as it's priced appropriately. Many people prefer to rent a house over a apt.