Does a landlord no providing a lease agreement to me I am tenant and I refuse to pay anything more until he provides. Now he is evicting me b

Asked by Sundyjo, Las Vegas, NV Sat Aug 4, 2012

I ve been renting a home in Las Vegas for past year. Landlord was deported to Agentina and can no return. I have been moneygramming rent to him and have proof. Now the brother who lives in vegas unemoployed no home told me i had to move so he can move in...?? Next I get a summary eviction from brother givinge me 24 hours to vacate. I went to court, provided proof to judge he is not even the owner of the home nor landlord also his false accusation saying I owe money is false there is not even a rental agreement establishing an agreed upon rent amount in the first place. Now the judge ruled I have 1 week to vacate?? Didn't even want proof this guy is not the landlord nor has any right to evict me. I have paid all the utilities including water sewer for last year and deposted money each month to brother for rent but nothing in writing despite my manyh requests for a rental agreement?? CAN THIS BE AT ALL LEGAL?

Answers

3
David Janis, Agent, Boulder, CO
Mon Aug 6, 2012
I am sorry about this awful experience. Unfortunately, if a judge has ruled you must vacate, then you must do so. The judges final decision will stand.
Michael deCe…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Aug 6, 2012
I would talk to a lawyer about what is legal and not.

Though If you have no sort of lease agreement I don't know what your claim could be with out record of payments. Again this is a better question for a lawyer especially if it is involving a court and judge.
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Aug 5, 2012
The judge ruled against you. Sounds legal to me

David Cooper Investor/Agent