Question Details

Foundation R…, Real Estate Pro in Hilton Head Island, SC

Do you think a real estate office should also handle rentals?

Asked by Foundation Realty Team, Hilton Head Island, SC Wed Jun 15, 2011

Answers

3
Sales and rentals definitely should be considered as seperate animals. Animals requiring completely different types of training and management. Since this is an age of "specialization" the choice should be left to the agency and agents involved.

There are agencies that continue to miss the boat with this market because they elect to deal only with sale. Location and customer demand should be driving forces for this decision.

I would love to see a separate department for rentals within our company. I have had quite a few customers request my help in this area. The problem is that there are no actual forms for us to utilize. Most agents do not want to deal with rentals because there is so much time involved and the pay is minuscule. I think a fair price would be based on the type of rental, whether or not there is a lease, etc.

I believe it would be beneficial to all if property management companies would hook up with real estate sales companies and interact for the common goal.

Just a thought.
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com
Why not? Business is business and renters turn in to buyers....