Do I pay the Realator a seperate fee for finding a rental property?

Asked by Rahaman Mohammed, Queens, NY Fri Jul 27, 2012

Answers

3
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Fri Jul 27, 2012
It really all depends on the arrangement the landlord had with the realtor or rental agent -- whoever it was who helped you find your place.

For example, when I rented out my duplex, I paid the property management agent the fee for bringing my delightful tenants.

Whereas some landlords may not agree to pay that fee at which time the arrangement may be for the tenant to pay for the effort exerted in finding the tenant a suitable property -- the fee is one time, and it could be 1/3 of the monthly rent.

Before looking at rentals -- most of them would indicate what the arrangement is. For example "Fee paid" means the landlord is paying for it.
Thank you, now I need help finding a rental apt. in or around Alameda any sugestions?.
Flag Fri Jul 27, 2012
Jean Powers, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Fri Jul 27, 2012
If a rental company helps to find you a rental the fee in Alameda is gernerally 30% of one month's rent. Sometimes if the real estate company is managing the property they do not charge a fee. Not all agents are Realtors. That term is not understood by most of the public. The only time an agent is a Realtor is if the agent is a member of the National Association of Realtors. Have a good day.If you should ever purchase a home, make sure your agent is a Realtor.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Jul 27, 2012
Normally the landlord pays the commission just like the sellers do. To buyers and renters our service is free to you - what a deal, right?