Definite credit challenges because of predatory mortgage. But good income who will rent single family home in hamden ct- to me and my husband?

Asked by Monesmom, Hamden, CT Wed Feb 15, 2012

Answers

4
Monesmom, , Hamden, CT
Wed Feb 15, 2012
We were turned down based on past credit issues. We are willing to pay several months in advance. Unfortunately, our past credit history was not great prior to this issue. We are very limited in time. We are specifically looking for a single family.
Minna Reid, Agent, Trumbull, CT
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Almost all my short sellers have dinged credit and find rentals no problem after they close. Be prepared to explain, but I dont think it will be a problem..assuming everything else in line. A lot of renters (yesterdays homeowners) nowadays have credit issues.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbyminna.com
Millie Legen…, Agent, Hamden, CT
Wed Feb 15, 2012
An honest explanation of the "dinged" credit is called for. If you were sold a mortgage which adjusted to an unreasonable and unaffordable level, tell your prospective landlord your story. Let him/her know that you are employed and have a good income, but that your credit score has been harmed. You will have to provide a credit report with your rental application. Hopefully everything else on the credit report has been paid on time. If not, it is time to build your credit score again, by paying all your bills on time going forward. In two years, you should be in good shape. Good luck!
Cedric McNeil, Agent, Norwalk, CT
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Hello Monesmom,

There are plenty available. I do have to ask what makes you think this is a challenge? Although the short answer is yes, what are you interested in?