Could you please tell me where the safe areas to live are. We are wanting our girls to go to Highland high school.

Asked by Vjvking, Kempner, TX Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

8
Vjvking, Other Pro, Kempner, TX
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Thank you all for you advice and suggestions. We are just looking to rent right now until we sell our house in Texas. We have just listed our house and not sure how long it will take to sell.
Edwin Momeny, Agent, Newhall, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
I almost forgot to mention that the Higland HS zone ends at Town Center Drive. Therefore, only part of the Rancho Vista community will grant you automatic enrollment at Highland, along with the W. Palmdale Blvd and Ana Verde Communities.

Many of the buyers with school age children that I meet at my weekly open houses in Palmdale, Quartz Hill or Lancaster appreciate receiving this level of detail. If you would like, I am happy to provide you with the maps that outline these boundaries.

Thanks again,

Eddie Momeny
Edwin Momeny, Agent, Newhall, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
All of the advice below on choosing the safest neighborhood is sound. However, there is another way that can work just as well. Once you open escrow, knock on a handful of neighbors doors to accomplish two objectives: 1) Get neighbors feelings on the neighborhood 2) Get an idea on what type of neighbors you will have. The neighborhood may be very safe, but you may also be buying next to some knuckleheads. Sadly, this can be the case in almost any part of the Antelope Valley.

I did this before buying my own home in Littlerock, and ended up choosing a home on the next street over from my second choice because it had a nicer curb appeal and the neighbors on Choice # 1 street were more stable and good natured.

One other thing that needs to be mentioned is that if all of your children are not yet in high school, the homes in the Rancho Vista zone that are WEST of 25th Street will give you the best performing elementary and middle schools in the AV. Basically, any school that is in the Westside school district should do your girls proud, and 25th Street West is the dividing line.

I hope this information is helpful and please remember that I am the agent to help you "Find the Home of Your Dreams With A Payment That Won't Keep You Up At Night" :)

Have a nice evening and thanks for your time.

Eddie Momeny
Realty Executives
661-860-1408
emomeny@gmail.com
Katrina Roth, Agent, Valencia, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Welcome To Palmdale, CA!

Many of my clients and colleagues have children who attend Highland High School. Based on their feedback, its surrounding neighborhoods are considered to be a great place for young families. Depending on your budget, there are several nice subdivisions and even newer developments on the upper westside located just minutes away from the high school. New buyers are particularly drawn to the Rancho Vista & Ana Verde communities for its close proximity to the Antelope Valley Mall, fine dining restaurants, hotels, youth sports clubs and activities and not to mention the added convenience for commuters to the freeway. There's much to be admired about this great city.

Regarding crime and safety, I would love to hear what some of your concerns are? You can always find local data information online or contact the Palmdale Sheriff Station directly @ 661-272-2400.

As your local REALTOR, I can provide you with information about the school districts plus give you free MLS access to homes on the market. If I can further assist you with addressing some of your concerns, please don't hesitate to call me to schedule a private tour of the area.

Best wishes & Good Luck!

KATRINA ROTH, CDPE, REALTOR®
"Certified Short Sale & Probate Specialist"
Keller Williams VIP Properties
25124 Springfield Court, Suite 100
Valencia, CA 91355
Direct 661.208.1855
Office 661.290.3700
Fax 661.291.1463
AntelopeValleyEstates@gmail.com
http://www.LosAngelesPreforeclosureSpecialist.com
DRE License#01862396
Kenny Mitche…, Agent, Pamdale, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
I would confirm with the Sheriff's Department (661) 948-8466, but anywhere in the Highland High School district would be a pretty safe area. All three of my children graduated from Highland High School and I live near that school to this day. If you would like more information or would like help in finding a home in that area please call me at (661) 406-2590 or email at kmitchell@kw.com.
Don Gockel R…, Agent, PALMDALE, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
As a local BROKER, I will tell you that I believe the area around Highland is one of the better ares in the Antelope Valley. I will also tell you to either go to the sheriffs department and ask them and/or look it up on the internet. If you have not already selected a local REALTOR, call me, I can assist you in the search for the perfect home in Palmdale.

Don Gockel, Broker, REALTOR, GRI
661-273-6654 OR 888-455-1543
DON@HOMES-ON-THE-WEB.COM
Thank you for the info. We are looking to rent for the first year. We are selling our house here in Texas before we are ready to buy in Palmdale.
Flag Sun Jul 1, 2012
Michelle Pen…, Agent, Lancaster, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
You want to buy on the west side of Palmdale to keep your girls in the Highland school district. The dividing line is Sierra Hwy and anything west of that.

Please don't hesitate to call on me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.

Michelle
661-305-7091
Michael Jerry, , Palmdale, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
You would have to live in Rancho Vista or Ana Verde for your daughters to attended Highland I have two daughters at highland myself. Contact me if you need anymore info Michael 661-874-7296 michaeljerry.av@gmail.com I am a local Realtor.