Coming to Boise in the next 2 weeks looking at rentals...

Asked by Julie Hatcher, Boise, ID Sun May 27, 2012

and I have a bunch of great houses that I've found online, but now I just need someone to help show me around/these homes. How can I find a realtor who will do that for about 2 days???? I know when we were looking in GA last year, I had an awesome lady help us for a few days, even though she wasn't making any money off of us. I was hoping it would be the same in Boise. We're a family of 4, looking at either Boise or Meridian area. My husband will be working out of the Mountain Home base for about 4 years, so we will definitely be renters. I don't want to live in MH, because I've researched the schools and see that Boise & Meridian are great districts. Anyone know of a good rental realtor???? I will be coming out June 3-7. We'd like to move in at the beginning of July. Thanks in advance---Julie

Answers

7
Laurynda Ann…, , Boise, ID
Thu Nov 5, 2015
BTW - the schools in Mountain Home are great!
Laurynda Ann…, , Boise, ID
Thu Nov 5, 2015
Call Pam Durfe with Keller Williams - she is great & I have known her since 1963.
Sheila Wicks…, Other Pro, Meridian, ID
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Hi Julie!

I think I might have a property for you! It's a 3 bedroom w/office at Cloverdale & McMillan in Boise. It's directly across from Centennial High School and a short distance to both the middle school & elementary. It's on a cul-de-sac in a great neighborhood. There's a great park close by as well. If you haven't found anything yet, give me a call and we can set up a tour for you! 208-639-1717 or email me at leasing@capitalgroupco.com. You can also check out some photos on our website http://www.capitalgroupco.com. Good luck on your move, you're going to love it here! :)
Sharon Walker, Agent, Boise, ID
Tue May 29, 2012
Julie,

Welcome to the Boise area. I want to second Jim Paulsons' response to you concerning looking at a property to own as compared to renting. Second, if you have a list of properties that you want to look at when you get to Boise the week of June 3-7, let me know which properties they are and I will see which ones are available. I would be willing to help you out in doing some research and showing you around the area. Let me know if you still need some help.

Thanks for your time.

Sharon
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Mon May 28, 2012
Julie,

I am glad to see that there are a few people that have agreed to work for free for you for a few days. Sometimes, there are people that are willing to help without getting payed - especially for vets on Memorial Weekend. ;)

Keep in mind though if you have your DD214 you can use your VA eligibility to buy a home with no down payment and we can typically negotiate with the seller to pay your closing costs so you can effectively move in for $0.

Typically, if you are going to live in an area for four years, you will be better off buying than renting. Historically, properties in the US appreciate at 3.8% a year. So, if you bought a $150,000 home at 4% interest with no investment (due to VA options) your payments would be $716.12 for principle and interest plus say another $175 for taxes, insurance, etc you would still be under $900 a month.

If it goes up the 3.8% average for four years, it would be worth roughly $174,132. Even after you pay all the fees to sell the property (estimated at 8.5%) you would still have a net profit of roughly $9,331 (and that is before you figure being able to write off your mortgage interest interest and your property taxes)!

I strongly encourage you to consider buying a home instead of renting one so you can pay yourself and not your landlord.

Jim
Thank Jim. My husband is a Gov't contract worker, not actually in the AF. He only stays on bases for a year or 2 at a time. Mtn Home just happens to be a longer contract, so that's why we are moving with him. It took us 3 years to get our house sold in this horrible Atlanta market. I really don't want to go thru that again at this time. We think after these few years in Idaho, he'll have a permanent position in San Antonio...so we will definitely buy at that point. Yes, I am grateful to the 2 who answered me below...about to write them!
Flag Mon May 28, 2012
Kayla Schill, Agent, Meridian, ID
Sun May 27, 2012
Hi Julie,

Is your family PCSing to Mtn Home AFB? As a vet myself, I understand a lot of the process involved and can help you out. Give me a call at 208-297-9595 or email me at kayla@infinityidaho.com.

Kayla
just sent you an email....thanks.
Flag Mon May 28, 2012
Shelly Dyer, Home Buyer, Fruitland, ID
Sun May 27, 2012
Hi Julie, We will have some ready to work with you.

What is your email address and phone number so I can have one of the girls give you a call.

Shelly Dyer ~ Realtor 208-462-4762 ( now till Tuesday ) then 208-459-6501
shellydyer.imlsproperties.com
J & J Real Estate, LLC
Judy Bistline - Co Owner - 208-459-6501 Home/ 208-371-6501 Cell
Jody Benson - Co Owner and Broker ~ 208-250-5289