Chicago suburbs rentals

Asked by hberger, Schaumburg, IL Thu Nov 15, 2012

I'm considering taking a job offer in Schaumburg so I have started looking at apartment/condo rentals in the area. I'm 23 years old, so I've heard Evanston is nice place for young people but the price range looks a little high for me. Ideally, I'd like to stay under $1,000/mo but in a suburban area close to Chicago. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for suburbs near Chicago that are in safe areas near shops, restaurants etc... I'm an out-of-stater so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

2
Alan May’s answer
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Evanston is nice, but it's a fairly good commute (by car) from Schaumburg, and as you point out.. we're a bit pricey... staying under $1,000/month rental will almost certainly put you into a studio, or in an apartment that is ... how shall we say... less than wonderful.
Stephanie Br…, Renter, Chicago, IL
Thu Nov 15, 2012
You could find a rental in the North Side of Chicago. That is a good area for young adults. I'm 24 and I love the NorthSide. Plenty of things to do for a young professional. But city life isn't for you, try the neighboring areas of Skokie, Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Highland Park and look for rentals there. However, the northern suburbs is quite pricey so you are really going to have to search. Hope this helps!