Can you own a home and also rent a home at the same time?

Asked by myboysrock111, Las Vegas, NV Thu Feb 7, 2013

I have good credit, money in the bank to afford a rental & own a home but my husband and I are seperating but all our money is together. We also only have one income under him because he owns his own business and I work for him but don't collect a pay check. I am the one moving out but we both have good credit & keeping our banking together for awhile.

Answers

2
Rena Levy, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Yes..you can own a house and rent at the same time. The questions is if you are qualified for a new loan since you mentioned that you don't have pay stubs and the business is on your husband's name. You will have to show income either from work or alimony/child support or any other source of income .
You can call me to set up appt with my lender at 702-612-7099 or email me at cvegashomes@gmail.com.

Rena Levy
Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099
Web Reference:  Http://www.cvegashomes.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Feb 7, 2013
You could... You should first meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost and let you know if you can get a mortgage and how it will work given your situation