Can anyone tell me how to rent it fast my midtown w 2 BR 2BA ?I did give seller agent to rent but 1 m over still no any response

Asked by Alice, New York, NY Sat Nov 2, 2013

I am thinking to rent by myself now, where I can list so all of realtors can see it and bring clients to me, and I would like to pay for realtor 1/2 - 1 M . I try to rent by owner, How much pay realtors commission is fair?My condo is 2BR 2 BA conv to 3 BR new glass building on midtown $5K/M with excellent amenities.

Answers

18
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Please call me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Elizabeth Lo…, Agent,
Mon Nov 4, 2013
You may need to adjust the price or offer to pay a portion of the commission. This is the only way to get it rented fast.

Elizabeth Logan
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Douglas Elliman
http://www.elliman.com/elvl
917-392-0291 (cell)
Neeta Mulgao…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Hi Alice. I specialize in renting apartments for owners looking to rent them out. Would love to help! You can call me at 734-945-0454.

-Neeta Mulgaokar, Spire Group
Alex Fernand…, Agent, Rego Park, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
If you haven't had any bites after one month you need to review your situation. There are probably multiple factors causing this situation. As some agents have stated giving an exclusive to brokerage firm is always best. You need to reconsider your strategy in order to get any bites especially during this time of the year. Feel free to call or send me an email and we can try to figure out why haven't received any bites.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
For maximum exposure list with a broker...
Elizabeth Lo…, Agent,
Sun Nov 3, 2013
If you are thinking to rent your apartment I'll tell you how it works. An exclusive allows for the agent to hold the listing and charge any prospective tenant coming in a comission. This is generally 12 to 15% in New York City.

Most larger brokerage houses i.e. Douglas Elliman, Halstead, Citi Habitat all are required to co-broke with one another due to the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) rules. Smaller brokers sometimes will not co-broke so that they can only bring there own clients.

Open listings are where a home owner allows "any" agency to show the property. But I will tell you this. Agents won't be as willing to bring clients because they know that anyone can bring a tenant and therefore they will be out of a commission.

So your best bet will be to sign and exclusive with a agency - with a trusted agent - that will co-broke. Agents will be more agressive to get your place rented and you will have full access to advertising offered by their company. If you want you can pay a portion of the commission. This will only make your apartment only more attractive to a potential tenant because it will lower the commission they will need to pay.

Call me if you have any questions.

All the best!

Elizabeth Logan
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
http://www.elliman.com/elvl
917-392-0291 (cell)
Luis Sanchez, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Hi, Alice send me all your information via email to dominican.agent@gmail.com with pictures and location to see on how I can assist you about it. Since this shall be OP conversion to Realtor.
Have a nice day,
Luis, Agent
Tom Dawson, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Alice mentioned she is in a condo on 42nd St. I wonder if it's Atelier. If so, thats the problem. There are 70 rentals shown there in OLR.. I didn't check specifically but typically they are all listed with the same broker who also lives there and is the board president if memory serves correctly.
I once had a similar situation, although not here in NY. I found out the lowest priced rental in the building I owned in and priced my place under that. It was also listed with a broker and I paid him more than standard for the area to get the deal done. It worked.
Alice, if your unit is at Orion, you have a lot of competition. It is a great rental condo building due to location. A good rental agent should be able to rent your unit with creative ideas to compete. You could do an OP (owner pays commission instead of the tenant). It might work.
Flag Sun Nov 3, 2013
my unit is on 8 Ave & 9 Ave Orion excellent new glass building
Flag Sun Nov 3, 2013
, ,
Sun Nov 3, 2013
It's surprising that it's been on the market that Long with no bites. Is ur realtor familiar with the midtown neighborhood?
Tom Dawson, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Alice, since it appears you have a condo to rent, have you checked with the board to see if there are any rental restrictions? Very important to know.
While you mention that you have a conv 3, do you know what type of temporary wall might be permitted? Many of the new buildings don't seem to flex too well in my opinion.
I'm guessing you are out around 10th or 11th Ave - most rental buildings in that area are currently paying brokers a one month fee and often giving the tenant a free month. That's what you're competing with so I would recommend you do the same if you're in that area.
And as someone else said, it's Nov and typically the market slows due to the upcoming holiday season.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
I haven't read the other posts so, I'm coming at this straight from the shoulder. You are getting caught up in the Holidays. Some will hold off until after the holidays. Those with immediate need may have just gotten in for November 1st. You need to list it exclusively with a brokerage that can truly market your apartment not just to renters directly but to the brokerage community for those working with renters in search of such a property.

Your rental price may need to be reviewed and perhaps lowered. You should consider paying a fee to the broker as a no fee option to renters is always a good enticement. You could also consider a two year lease option, or give a free month. Your broker will provide all application paperwork, run a credit check and verify assets. You will receive a full picture of the prospective renter's financial ability.

I would be glad to assist you and I am available to talk immediately. Please feel free to click on my photo and click on "contact me" or call my cell number below. Thank you and good luck.

Joseph C. Hastings
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Cell: 1-917-579-1502
Francisca M.…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 3, 2013
It is best to give an exclusive to a professional who will coordinate the showings to other renters via other agents. This will relieve you of the time, money and mundane issues in renting your unit. Tenants pay the broker commissions in general in Manhattan. You will rent it fast by hiring a professional whose job is to make the transaction seamless for you. Please feel free to call for help.
Kristine DeV…, Agent, NY,
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Alice , I actually have a client for your apartment . When can you show it ? Is it available now ? Also what are the bldg fees ? Is this a coop or condo?
Best way to reach me is email.
Kdevine@cbbellmarc.com
thank you i have emailed you alrady
Flag Sun Nov 3, 2013
yes it is availabe now, bldg fees I have to ask for ? condo
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Nelson Leon, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Nov 2, 2013
I work with a proactive team of real estate professionals at Ardor Real Estate. Once we enter new listings in our proprietary system with interactive photos and relevant descriptions of the apartments, our advertising does the preliminary work of disseminating those listing to popular real estate search engines and platforms in the most timely and cost-effective way. In less than 24 hours our listed properties will get exposure everywhere, reaching real estate professionals interested in co-broking with us, hundreds of qualified customers interested in leasing properties that are immediately available and our response team that will be eager to get your property rented fast and efficiently.

Besides, we can simplify everything for you by taking photos of the apartment, writing an interesting and engaging description and using key words and phrases to generate quality traffic.

It takes a team of people to get everything moving and making the right connections.

If you would like to work with me and my team, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
E-mail: nleon@ardorny.com Website: http://www.ardorny.com

Looking forward to helping you find the right tenants using knowledge, experience, skills and technology.
Samantha Shl…, Agent, Atlanta, IL
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Alice,

If your interested in paying an op on the unit for one month rent that would generate interest. Also short term rentals furnished would generate a great deal of interest. I work at Keller Williams the largest real estate firm in USA and only firm in NY is that has international offices.

If you are open to discussing listing with the Orzora Team at Keller Williams please feel free to outreach to me or our rental manager Kyle Calderon. We have a special package for all our rental clients.
Krystyna Rac…, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi Alice,
I can help you with listing your apartment and answer all other questions. If you wish to pay the realtor, it is usually equivalent to one month, but I would have to check where exactly is your apartment and what is the situation there, maybe it is not necessary for you to pay the realtor. I can also help you to list your apartment and for free. Please feel free to contact me any time - kr@ny-home.net or (212) 991-8072 any time

Krystyna Rachtan, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Phone (212) 991-8072
NEW YORK HOME REAL ESTATE SERVICES, INC.
295 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017
http://www.ny-home.net
Nick Agostin…, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Alice,

Shoot me an email, my office is in mid town and know the area real well. I can get it rented quick! I have done over 50 rentals this year alone! nagostinelli@elegran.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nick A. Agostinelli
Elegran Real Estate and Development
212-729-5712 ext 144
http://Www.nickagostinelli.com
Enrique Wall…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Alice call me I'm Enrique Wallace I can do it for you ..9175576066..