Can I pay a years worth of rent up front and get a discount?

Asked by DJ, New York Sun Mar 27, 2011

I am looking at a lux doorman building in the UES. What reasonable discount can I ask for, if any, in exchange for paying all my rent up front when I sign my lease? Has anyone done or seen this happen?

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Much will depend on the landlord and your competition of other renters, if any...yes, you can try to negotiate a discount.
DJ, Renter, New York
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Rent's around $2,150-$2,300 depending on which unit I pick.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Mar 27, 2011
DJ;
This happens all the time. The range varies depending on the monthly lease amount.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Select A Home, Agent, Merrick, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
DJ,

Many things in Real Estate are negotiable and if you can afford to pay a full years rent up front I would absolutely seek a discount. There will be several factors that will come into play. For Example if it is a small building owned by a person you might get a deal done. If it is a large complex it could be difficult to achieve as there could be layers of management that have to make the decision. But you have nothing to lose in asking the question.