Can I list my short term vacation rentals located on Siesta Key with you? Does it cost anything?

Asked by Virginia Heidersberger, Sarasota, FL Sun Aug 19, 2012

Answers

13
Antonio Vega-Pacheco’s answer
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Trulia does not accept individual listings, all the properties you see are uploads from properties listed by individual agents into MLS. And some that are printed as notices from the public records.

You can list your vacation rental with Vacation Rental By Owner - VRBO.com and with Homeaway.com, both are dedicated to dealing with owners directly, no agents required. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
Propertyloca…, Home Buyer, Sarasota, FL
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Are you the same virginia heidersberger that is a broker associate who lives on Siesta Key and is from Gemany, I remember seeing your ad in the Pelican Press
Bruce Slater, , Sarasota, FL
Thu Aug 23, 2012
Yes you can list with us. We have lots of rentals on Siesta Key. The cost for a seasonal rental if we manage is 15% of gross rental income we procure. Call me at 941-468-1098. Thank You Bruce E. Slater Rossi & Company Inc, Exclusive Rentals Sarasota FL
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Mon Aug 20, 2012
I've read your post and the answers. I am an agent in NJ and I own a property on the Key. I've had 2 rental managers handle it and I pay them GLADLY 20% since there is so much work in managing a property. I can tell you right now that the 2nd management company I signed on with has been worth the 20% because of all the extra bookings they have provided me.
If you would like the names of both people, I'd be happy to share it with you.
Virginia Hei…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Thank you to all of you. I appreciate your feedback.
Should I remove my listing then??
LaRosa Team, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Virginia,
of course not wanting to pay an agent any commision is your choice. However their is great value in working with an agent whom is acountable and trustworthy and getting the job done. The amount of work that goes into rental management for something short term is excessive. From listing, to marketing, to showing, to managment, and everything in between. Surely you would agree paying for a service is something that should be expected from an agent whom earns their livelihood thru such work. When you recognize the work that needs to be done you will see how worth it is to have an agent working for you.
Best of luck! When it becomes overwhelming please reconsider using an agent. Give us a call with any other questions. We'd be happy to Help! :)

Stacey LaRosa
LaRosa Realty Team

941-539-1596
LaRosateam@gmail.com

http://www.Sarasotadreamliving.com
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Virginia Heidersberger, You have posted your question on Trulia asking real estate professionals that earn their income via commission to work for you for free? Frequently, real estate marketing portals carry a charge to post listings, you can search the web and find these sites and post your own listing, paying your own costs.

When you post the listing you will have to field the calls and handle the showings and "vet" the creditworthiness of the propective tenant. You will have to make sure that you "short term" vacation rental is in compliance with the Florida Dept. of Revenue and the local authorities.

Good Luck

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings
mikeholderne…, , Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Sure. Give me a call to we can discuss your situation

Michael S. Holderness, REALTOR
SaraBay Real Estate, INC.
7333 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL. 34243
Direct: 941-725-0338
Fax: 941-355-6083
Website: http://www.mikeholderness.com
Email: mike@mikeholderness.com

Voted FIVE STAR: Best In Client Satisfaction, Sarasota Magazine, 2007 to 2011!
mikeholderne…, , Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012

Michael S. Holderness, REALTOR
SaraBay Real Estate, INC.
7333 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL. 34243
Direct: 941-725-0338
Fax: 941-355-6083
Website: http://www.mikeholderness.com
Email: mike@mikeholderness.com

Virginia Hei…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
To all, Thank you, but I am not interested in paying a comission.
Michaelb1, , Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
10% is the rate and there are a lot of responsabilty to go forward with for a sucsessful deal we have to check there credit we have to show it and inspect it before and after. have to get a cleaning company in before and aftyer. there is a sales tax that is due to the county. this is a very intensive duty for anyone you chose. the good thing is that in season turn key rental go for about double a anual rental they can be very lucritive yet give you the chance to use the property yourself too

Michael beninato
Re/Max alliance group
cell: 941-479-2777.
email: michaelb1@remax.net
Vicki Webb, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
I do alot of short ter vacation rentals for myself and others. I would be happy to discuss helping you
list your vacation rentals. I get paid by a commision of the rentals. If you would like to discuss listing your rentals with me please give me a call.
Vicki Webb
941-928-1000
Real Estate Broker
Werner Untri…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Virginia, The listing doesn't cost you anything, but if I find a tenant I will charge 10% from the rent.

Kind Regards

Werner
Broker Associate, CRS, GRI, CIPS, TRC, SFR
http://www.WernerUntrieser.com
info@2Sarasota.com