CAN I RENT A ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT WITH TWO KIDS IN NEW JERSEY?

Asked by Lisa Kim, Palisades Park, NJ Tue Jun 26, 2012

Answers

3
Mary Petti’s answer
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Wed Jun 27, 2012
There are 1 bedroom rentals in New Jersey, but not sure if they come with 2 kids...

Seriously, there are plenty of 1 bedrooms rentals available in NJ in many different price ranges, and I am assuming you mean you want to put yourself and both kids in that 1 bedroom?

Contact a local Real Estate agent in the areas you want to look for an apartment, and he/she can help you find something in your price range. Many landlords pay commission so you won't have to worry about that fee.

You may not need to get 1 bedroom and squish 3 people into it, and honestly, some municipalities have rules on occupancy depending on the number of bedrooms/square footage of the apartments etc, so you may NOT be able to get 1 bedroom for three people anyway..
Mountainclub…, Home Owner, Morris Plains, NJ
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Hi. I think the maximum is 3 people per apartment- not sure if it is limited to 2 adults and 1 child though. Check parsippany.net

I am a landlord in Morris Plains, NJ check out http://www.mountainclubcondos.com

One of my 1 bedroom apartments has a large walk in closet that could possibly fit a crib and so 2 children might work out that way. If you don't need a dining room, you could turn this into a bedroom too. Some apartments for sale were also officially rated as a JUNIOR which just means the dining room was closed off and a door installed as an entrance.

I'm not sure if 3 beds would even fit inside a single bedroom.
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Most municipalities will only c/o (certificate of occupancy) for a maximum of two people per bedroom. Find a local agent who can find out what the regulations are for the towns you are interested in.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com