Asdfgh, Other/Just Looking in 94582

Bedbugs in the room rented today only

Asked by Asdfgh, 94582 Mon Apr 30, 2012

Hello..I just moved in today in a house who were renting one of the rooms they have with a bathroom as well..after moving in my stuff, I went out at my friends place and when I came back to the new room to sleep in night, I have found many bedbugs due to which I cannot sleep properly.. While moving in, we both signed a contract and nothing was mentioned verbally nor in writing, about the bedbugs..Can someone please tell me what my rights are, in this situation? Even if I had a slightest idea about the bedbugs, I would not have moved in at all..Please help me out here..

Answers

4
Asdfgh, , 94582
Mon Apr 30, 2012
The landlord is telling me that he will spray something for the bedbugs..but as we all know..bedbugs are not killed by spraying only once..it has to be done multiple times and in the mean time, if they get into my luggage then I am ruined :(
Asdfgh, , 94582
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Thank you so much for replying..the bed is provided by the landlord only..I am going to discuss the situation with the landlord today and will provide the outcome..Thank you again
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Apr 30, 2012
You can discuss this situation with your landlord, and then come to an agreement as to how to address the problem.

I'm sure that i the bedbugs are in your room, they may be in other parts of the house as well.

There are various sites/articles that offer solutions, like this one
http://www.getridofthings.com/parasites/get-rid-of-bed-bugs.htm

Gregorio Den…, , San Diego, CA
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Is it your bed you brought with you? If so, you will have a hard time proving that you are not the cause.