Are there any real estate agents specializing in rentals in Sunnyvale? How much can one expect to charge to retain services?

Asked by Gillis57, Sunnyvale, CA Sun Oct 14, 2012

Tired of hassling with independent apartments, would like to speak with one person. Any advice?

Answers

5
Robert Lei’s answer
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sun May 12, 2013
Hi dharri,
Thank you for mentioning it. For some reason, I get lots of calls from people looking for rentals, but mainly I deal with purchases. The time when I look for renters is when I am helping out my buyers who buy for investment purposes so want my help to find them a good tenant.

I've looked through my profile and cannot find where it says my main focus is as an agent of rental properties. Could you point me to where it says that? That way I can fix that.

Thanks.
Robert Lei
REALTOR, e-PRO
Century 21 M&M and Associates
(408) 893-2410
dharri, Renter, North San Jose, San Jose, CA
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Robert Lei, I saw your profile on Trulia, and I saw the answer you gave Gillis (inquiring about a rental in Sunnyvale). As an agent of properties you are the gatekeepers of information - what is it going to cost you to share the information? I know there are agents out there with a heart Gillis - hang in there. dharri
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi Gillis,
I feel your pain. Life is rough on renters these days. You pretty much are at the mercy of landlords raising your rent each year. I know it's not easy, but try your best to BUY and become an OWNER rather than a renter.

Getting to your question, no real estate agent ever willingly "specializes" in rentals. As the others have hinted/mentioned, rentals are extremely hard work and time consuming for very little chance of getting enough compensation for the time spent.
Elena Talis, Broker, Palo Alto, CA
Sun Oct 14, 2012
I don't know anyone who'd specialize in working with tenants... Anywhere...
Web Reference:  http://talisrealestate.com
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Hi Gillis and thanks for your post.

To be frank, there are not, to my knowledge, any agents who "specialize" in finding rental units for renters. Most agents handle all types of real estate related transactions from rentals to sales and purchases, so there isn't really "one" person who handles just rentals. And, unfortunately, there just isn't a lot of commission to be paid to a Realtor who finds a unit for a client to rent, but there is--in this particular economy--a whole lot of effort that has to be expended to find a rental especially when the client is not looking to rent a super expensive home or large estate.

However, you might find a bit more success if you work with agents or real estate firms who have an active business in managing rental units for independent owners. Look up real estate managers in the phone book or online and you'll be given the names of all the real estate offices that manage rentals. You might try giving a few of these a call to see if anyone within the organization can help you find a rental unit.

Because a good rental unit can be very difficult to find, the renter does have to spend quite a lot of time looking at units and negotiating with a lot of different rental managers and owners.

Good luck!!