Rentals in Peoria>Question Details

jeannethiell, Renter in Peoria, IL

Are there any nice rentals in the Peoria/Pekin area for a $900/month budget? All I can find are run down scary looking places!

Asked by jeannethiell, Peoria, IL Sun Aug 19, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Peoria

Answers

2
Hi Jeanne- The rentals are very scarce. Especially in the North Peoria, Dunlap areas. It seems that so many people are having to rent instead of buying due to not being able to qualify for a home loan.
Your luck might be a little better finding something in or around the Pekin area, before the Peoria area. It sure helps to have a realtor to put the word out to fellow area agents, someone might just find a seller who would be willing to rent. Also; you really need to look at the buyer vs renting pros and cons. You can definately usually pay less in a monthly house payment vs your monthly rent.
Diana, thanks for your response. I wish we could buy, however we are moving there for the Marine Corps. We receive BAH (basic allowance for housing) which comes as an allotment (meaning we never see that money, it comes straight out of our check directly to our landlords on the 1st of every month). We would really like a 3 bedroom house, because we don't have any family out there, and would need an extra room when our parents come to visit. We may be able to work with a 2 bedroom if there is a finished basement. We will be moving out there Sept 17th, and really need help finding a house in a good neighborhood. If you would be able to help us find something, we would really appreciate any/all help!
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
I have a condo 2 bdrm 2 bath at 3444 dorchester for 900 per month. All appliances including washer and dryer. Located off of sterling close to Northwoods mall. Let me know if you would like to take a look. Donna Jones 3092539902, Jim maloof realtor