Are there any homes that are a Min, 2/2 That takes dogs in the area?

Asked by Kristina Rehak, 34292 Wed Jul 2, 2014

We own a retired greyhound, who is extremely well behaved! I just fully updated my profile regarding what we are looking for, but here is some brief info. My fiance, roommate and I just found out the house we are renting is in foreclosure. We are so very upset, because we have really fixed this house up, and I'm having a hard time dealing with loosing my garden. This is why we are looking for a house where we can make the yard beautiful and enjoy our home! We prefer Venice, since we have lived in this area for over 6 years, but we dont mind sarasota as well. The point in any direction would be great! We are looking for a house $900-$1300 with washer dryer hopefully included! We own a house cleaning/landscaping business so the house will be well taken care of!

Thank you all for any future help!

Answers

1
Diane Christ…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Jul 5, 2014

You said your current rental home is in foreclosure. Foreclosures in FL can take up to 3 years to go thru the entire process from Lis Pendens filing to actual completed foreclosure. Was the Lis Pendens just filed, or did you get notice from your landlord that the home is now going to final foreclosure? Even if the foreclosure is about to be completed, you still have rights as a tenant.

The federal Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act (PTFA) of 2009 applies to all foreclosures of residential properties after May 20, 2009. The law states that bona fide tenants who entered into a lease agreement before the foreclosure case was filed are entitled to stay in their home until the end of the lease term. Bona fide tenants who enter into a lease agreement after the foreclosure case was filed, including month-to-month tenants and those with oral leases, are entitled to 90 days notice before they may be evicted from the property.

However, if the purchaser of the property at foreclosure choose to use it as their primary residence, they can terminate a lease agreement by giving the tenants a 90 day notice regardless of the remaining time of the original lease.

While I do not know of any current rental listings I can suggest for you, you may have more time to find a replacement rental than you originally thought.

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions
Sarasota, FL
http://www.DianeChristner.com
thank you so much Diane, that Is a huge help, apparently it is not finalized, and once it is we will find out when we have 90 days. We will not wait that long, due to the house falling apart and the owner not paying to fix things ( the AC went out last week... needless to say it was a rough week) but thanks again for the info!!! We really appreciate it!
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014