Are there any homes in Larkspur that are currently on the market that have a possible rent to own option?

Asked by Belle Jacopi, Novato, CA Sun Oct 31, 2010

Answers

8
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Fri Dec 3, 2010
If you had a good downpayment it may be doable and if your looking in that area you might check out 1105 Luke Drive where Edwin meets Providence
Kelley Eling, Agent, San Anselmo, CA
Fri Dec 3, 2010
Hi Belle,
Your best bet for this scenario to be successful is a property that has very little or no mortgage currently against it and has been on the market for quite some time. If the property is too heavily mortgaged that wouldn't make sense to the seller. If it hasn't been on the market very long, then the seller would likely want to wait for a reasonable offer to purchase rather than rent it.

Someone earlier mentioned 117 Riviera Circle. And while the seller would consider a lease option, they paid $1,080,000 and they currently owe somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,097,500. (They are currently asking $1,149,000.)

If this is something that interests you Riviera Circle is a great place to live. We used to live there when the kids still lived at home and loved it.
David Poulsen, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Nov 7, 2010
Hi Belle,
In this market, you are always at option to make that offer to someone. In fact many people are making such offers. You may get turned down a few times, but there are sellers out there that are open to all options. I have been working with people, that are looking for that very situation.
Greg Corvi, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Belle,

Feel free to call me to discuss your situation more in detail. There may be options for homes that are not currently listed. I can be reached at 415-464-3410.
-Greg
Belle Jacopi, Agent, Novato, CA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Thank you for both your speedy responses. We own 4 rental properties now and would like a new project in Larkspur. We would like to do various improvements, kitchen, baths, flooring and windows etc.
We would like to be able to dive right in on repairs so we would like to pay less rent now and purchase in around a year from now.
We do not have any mortgages at present on our properties and I do not want to jeporadize our financial situation so we would have to do some creative financing. A trade is also a possibility.
the price range would be between $500,000 to 1 million or there abouts.
I am keeping a close watch on all the current listings on this site and on Estately daily.
Jim King, Agent, Mill Valley, CA
Mon Nov 1, 2010
The only one I am aware of in Larkspur is 117 Riviera Circle.
Jim King
Pacific Union International
(415) 994-5464 Cell
Greg Corvi, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Sun Oct 31, 2010
Hi Belle,

As suggested below, some sellers particularly in this market, may consider a lease option purchase. A likely scenario would be that you find a home that you like and your agent would ask the seller if they would consider it. I do not know of any in Larkspur, but know of a couple that may consider in Corte Madera if that is even an option for you. I have put several lease to own contracts together. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like more information. Best of luck to you.
-Greg Corvi
Mary Kay and…, Agent, San Rafael, CA
Sun Oct 31, 2010
Belle,

There may be some properties listed for sale in Larkspur that could be possibilities for lease options. What price range are you interested in?? what kind of option period are you looking for?? The most likely properties would be vacant properties or properties owned by people who are being transferred. Bqnk owned properties and short slaes would be out of the question.

let us know if you want to pursue this, and we'll do the research.

Mary Kay and Kathy