Are rental prices negotiable?

Asked by Mrs.Bridgette Alexander, Indianapolis, IN Thu Apr 25, 2013

Some homes ask for an extreme rental price and are clearly not worthy of such, whether it be the home or neighborhood.

Answers

7
Eugenia, , Indianapolis, IN
Fri Apr 26, 2013
If you was speaking with the owner, then yes! If you are talking about a big company, then no. If you are looking for something, please feel free to call me or my realtor Jamelle Walker at 317-453-0917. He is great at what he does. He will have you in place in no time. Below I have attached his website, go to it and look for apartments or houses in the areas you are thinking about. If you need something pretty soon, I would recommend calling him. He will go above and beyond for you.
Mallorie Wil…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
This time last year my answer would be yes; however, the market has a shortage of rentals.

If a home has been on the market for awhile, it wouldn't hurt to ask for a lower rental rate.

Good luck to you on your rental search.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
Tiff Atkinson, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
There aren't many rentals on the market so landlords have the upper hand. Of course, anything is negotiable.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Tiff Atkinson
Real Estate Broker
317-612-4545 (call or text!)
Stephanie Li…, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
I would say that anything is negotiable but you also have to consider supply and demand. Rentals are more difficult to find and landlords also feel that they are taking a bit more of a risk. But there is no harm in trying to get a lower price. You might want to consider a land contract as well-at least a portion of your payment would be going toward the purchase of the home!
Stephanie Li…, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Joseph Roraff, Agent, Onalaska, WI
Thu Apr 25, 2013
It all depends on the landlord. Some are negotiable and some are not. You just have to be bold and ask. Things that might help you get a better rate is if you are planning on staying a long time and if you are willing to help out with maintenance issues.
Claire-Anne…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Thu Apr 25, 2013
You never know unless you ask but keep in mind, rent rates are super high these days so what might appear to be extreme is the current normal.