Are others still experiencing A/C and copper thieves hitting vacant properties?

Asked by Jason Rush, Phoenix, AZ Thu Jan 26, 2012

Hose bibs and A/C's are still be stolen from vacant properties. Has anyone noted areas this is occurring in?

Answers

6
Howard Rudin’s answer
Howard Rudin, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Jan 28, 2012
I see it happening all over town. Vandals stripping the coils out of roof mounted AC units on vacant homes or stealing the entire ground mounted unit. I even had one home where someone pulled out the main waterline. I just wish they would start making the punishment harsher.
Andy Griffin, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Yes, we have had a few stolen. Been putting padlocks on gates and signs that say "smile, your on camera".

Don't want to jinx anything, but so far so good...
Web Reference:  http://www.griffinmoody.com
Jason Rush, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Howard,
Thanks for the input. As I understand they have been "attempting" to put pressure on the scrap yards and recyclers to put more diligence and documentation as to where this form of copper is coming from.
Jason Rush, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Thanks for the Feed Back. I really the "smile your on camera" idea. There have still been several occurrences in the west valley.
Carmelle Ber…, , 85254
Fri Jan 27, 2012
It happened to me on one of my listing in the heart of Phoenix at the beginning of the year 2011. But I am not aware of any areas that have been hit recently.
Rocky Dole, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Thu Jan 26, 2012
I know it has been occurring in Maricopa. I have a property in escrow right now that we are postponing the inspection on because someone stole the AC units.