Are Kittery rentals pet friendly?

Asked by Alyssa Grenning, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jan 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I are having trouble finding housing that allows pets. I have two good-natured fairly quiet cats who would love to be out of the city, and we'd like to eventually own a dog. Help!

Answers

2
Pam Atwood’s answer
Pam Atwood, Agent, Winston Salem, NC
Thu Jan 24, 2013
This will definitely depend on the owner/landlord. There are quite a few rentals in the Admiralty Village area of Kittery - small cottages & duplexes - where you may find some luck. I've seen some there that do accept small pets. Many year-round rentals in this area are managed independently by the owners or small property management businesses. There are few large multi-unit apartment rental complexes in the area (as compared to Philadelphia). Contact me if you'd like more info on moving to Maine! I work throughout York County and live in Eliot, next town over from Kittery. Good luck with your search!
Linda M. Sny…, , Auburn, ME
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Are you planning to move to Kittery from Philadelphia?

The answer to your question is of course, some are and some are not. There's no way to know until you do the legwork, or work with a property manager who will do the legwork for you.

My husband has a property management company and runs into the question of pets with almost every potential tenant he talks to. There's no single answer, and even the same property may say yes to some pets and no to others.

(John's company does not travel as far south as Kittery, so he wouldn't be of much help in your situation.)

Linda Snyder, M.S.
Marketing & Development
On the Spot Rentals
P O Box 282
Auburn ME 04212

207 / 740 2247
LSnyder@regroupbiz.com
Thanks for the quick reply. I do realize my pet answers will be on a per-property-manager basis, just a little anxious. We will be moving in the spring, also looking in Eliot and York. How far south does your husband's company travel?
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013