Any family friendly, near UNM neighborhoods that will accommodate someone looking for a more rural lifestyle (1/2 acre , small livestock, bees, etc)?

Asked by lolabethg, Albuquerque, NM Wed Feb 6, 2013

Looking to relocate to NM from Chicago and having a hard time figuring out the ins and outs of the neighborhoods. Main concern is renting in a safe neighborhood for young kids. Found a great place in South Valley but I'm learning that not all parts are family-friendly! So confusing!

Answers

4
Chris Nyman…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Dear Lolabeth,
It sounds like you are looking for a unique urban/rural Realtor like myself! I work quiet a lot in the older, funkier, farm-ier areas of Albuquerque and have recently helped clients buy and sell small farmable urban/rural mix properties like you are describing. I've been an advocate for irrigation rights and local organic farmers for years and over the past 6 have funneled that knowledge into my residential real estate practice. Please give me a call and I can help you sort out some of the + and - points of different neighborhoods. Plus, I have a listing right now you may be interested in - and old Queen Anne Style Victorian with a passive grey water system that feeds fruit trees and gardens! I can be contacted at (505) 440-6293. Please call so I can learn more about you and you can learn more about me!
Channah Isra…, , Albuquerque, NM
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Lolabethg, Finding the right home in a nice area for your family will be worth your time to come and see the areas yourself! Albuquerque has much to choose from. There is often older neighborhoods with newer ones close by and many times in different price ranges. Albuquerque is very diverse even in styles of homes and choices, which offers something for everyone! I have personally lived here for over 42 years! If you need help in Making your Dream Reality call me at 5054536818 or email. Will be glad to serve your and your family! Thanks, Channah
Debbie Golden, , Albuquerque, NM
Wed Feb 6, 2013
I'm from Chicago too. I live in the North Valley but have for more than 30 years. It's hard for me to answer you without knowing more about your family and and what you mean by family-friendly.
I think the South Valley has some great places if you want that rural feeling, however, I have had clients who lived very south of Rio Bravo and they did have issues with whacky neighbors and barking dogs.
I'd need more information to offer my ideas. If you have a Realtor, good luck. If you have questions, contact me.
Steve Quinta…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Wed Feb 6, 2013
The agricultural areas in the metro are mostly in the valley and around the perimeter edges. The valley runs the length of the city, from north to south, and has many different neighborhoods. I live in the North Valley and work the valley from end to end. Please contact me directly to discuss your home search criteria and we can get you organized and looking in the right area.