Any advice on finding a decent 2-3 bedroom rental in the Hopkins area?

Asked by thom.lien, Minnetonka, MN Mon Apr 8, 2013

Looking for a 2-3 bedroom rental in the Hopkins area for June of this year. Looking to spend about $1,300-$1,500. Need a 2 car garage. So far, most of the rentals we've seen are "townhomes" (more like apartments buildings) and crowded. We'd like a little more personal space for our family. We have a deposit on a place that we're not thrilled about and have 72 hours to change our minds. Any ideas?

Answers

3
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Hi, thom.lien
I've just started working with renters recently. I have to tell you, the market has pretty slim pickin's right now!!!

And, the unfortunate part for us, is that there is no one website or clearing house of information spot that has the most information. On properties for sale, our Twin Cities MLS can be counted on as the largest and most comprehensive gathering of listings for sale. BUT, when it comes to rentals, all bets are off.

Wish we as agents could help renters more, but it's such a throw of the dice. And, since the owners are not, by and large, willing to pay for a renter's agent to assist, it falls on the renters to pay for the agent's time, which is generally a problem, too. :/

If you have helpful information, please do share it here. And, share what the outcome of your situation is, okay?? All information is helpful to us in the industry!
Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Apr 8, 2013
OK - Call Now so we can get going. Liz -612-986-4105
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Yes - call me at 612-986-4105. Tell me exactly what you need and your price range. Liz