Francine, Home Buyer in Riverwood Village Co...

what does a property manager gets paid to rent your unit outif it rents for 1 year or 6 months. also fees for collecting rent making backround checks

Asked by Francine, Riverwood Village Condo, South Daytona, FL Sun Oct 25, 2009

Answers

1
HI Francine.

Property management fees are a matter for negotiation, as there is no set fee. In addition to being a full service realtor, I manage several properties and I generally charge one months rent as my fee to advertise a property, screen potential tenants, doing background checks, documenting the condition of the property on possession, etc. The same amount of work goes into a tenant renting for 6 months as it does for 1 year, so that fee does not change based on the time of the rental agreement.

I charge 10% of the rent each month to manage the property once a tenant moves in. That service includes collecting the rents, taking care of contacting the appropriate trades professional for repairs needed, monthly inspections, distributions of rental proceeds, etc.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions that I may help you with.
Kandi Schromm
Beach & Luxury Realty
kandices@cfl.rr.com
386-852-9174