what are the biggest influences affecting rental home prices in terra haute,in? is july and august the worst months to find single faily homes?

Asked by natcap65, 62864 Tue Jul 9, 2013

Answers

2
Angela Burch, Agent, Terre Haute, IN
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Ive been in the real estate business almost 20-yrs, personally own single family rentals & its my experience & opinion that location is a huge factor, then the size (sq.ft. & # of bedrooms) & if it has a garage is another big influence. The summer months are normally the better months to try & find a rental, college has let out & students have gone home so there is more of a selection, plus most landlords want leases to renew during the warm months. The landlords dont want to be caught having vacant properties that they have to pay to heat so if a tenant dosent renew their lease their moving out & the landlord is looking for a new tenant. Once the summer starts to wind down & it gets close to Aug & Sept (Holidays) things start to slow down. Students have returned, there are less rentals avail & with the fall & winter months looming who wants to move during the holidays or the cold & snow. Plus if the landlords are smart they wont have let leases come up for renewal during those months that will cost them $$ to heat the properties.
Shelly Modes…, Agent, Terre Haute, IN
Tue Jul 9, 2013
I really think that it depends on the banks. If they are requiring high credit scores to get mortgages than I believe that more people are renting because they do not have the credit score to buy. June and July has been the best months to buy I don't know about rentals.