we signed a apartment lease and the apartment when we moved in has water damage and mold and is not healthy. They wont even look at the apartment

Asked by Twosmithgirls, San Antonio, TX Wed Apr 20, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bruce Lynn’s answer
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Go to the office and ask them if they have the number for code enforcement. Ask them to meet you in the office first and then have them follow you back to your apartment with the manager in tow.
0 votes
Nanci Zimmer…, , Cedar Park, TX
Thu Apr 21, 2011
You should contact the Texas Apartment Association or the Texas Tenant's Union and file a complaint.



Best of luck to you,

1 vote
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Thu Apr 21, 2011
And call your local health department. Not sure who 'they' are, I suspect the landlord, but the health department may be able to help you force the landlord to pay attention.
0 votes
German Perez, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Apr 21, 2011
Like the lady said below me.... talk to an attorney.

0 votes
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 21, 2011
Didn't you do a walk thru prior to taking over the apt? You shoud have and, might have noticed this problem in time to have to have it corrected before moving in..

Too late for that now.............so.....

Try calling the city Building or Health inspector's office, and filing a complaint.
You can, and should, check with a real estate attorney to see what your legal recourse would be.

Good luck,,,,,,,,,,
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more