unemployed mother-can I rent an apartment?

Asked by Kenia Blanco, Easton, PA Thu Feb 28, 2013

My son and I are moving to Easton, PA this summer. Have yet to find employment but have NYC adoption income that comes directly to my bank account. Can I secure a rent lease without employment.

Answers

7
Kenia Blanco, Home Buyer, Easton, PA
Tue May 14, 2013
Thank you fo writing Sharon. I do have good crefit, no evictions, and no crminal record. I will follow your advice and include a letter. Thank you
SharonJ, Agent, Alpha, NJ
Tue May 14, 2013
Most landlords will require a PAR (Pennsylvania Association of Realtors) standard application and a credit report. Some will run others such as criminal background or evictions. If you have good credit, that is a plus. I have found that it all depends on the landlord and what he requires. There are some that want paycheck stubs for the last month or so. What I have found helpful is writing a small note about yourself and your situation when submitting the application. It does help the landlord personalize the application more. Especially when there is more than one application to choose from. Good Luck to you!
Kenia Blanco, Home Buyer, Easton, PA
Sat Apr 6, 2013
I have good credit. Thanks Mr. Cowell.
If your thinking about moving to Easton,Pa or bethlehem Pa...I can help you.
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
Richard Cowe…, Agent, Bethlehem, PA
Sat Apr 6, 2013
If you have fair credit you should be able to rent anapartment in the lehigh valley.
Richard Cowe…, Agent, Bethlehem, PA
Sat Apr 6, 2013
If your credit is okay you should be able to find a property to lease.
Kenia Blanco, Home Buyer, Easton, PA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Thank you for the information.
Chad, Home Owner, Easton, PA
Mon Mar 11, 2013
I personally do not know about this, but living in Easton since 2010 I can tell you the apartments you find here (and Bethlehem) are very cheap compared to NYC. I've seen decent ones for about $600 - $700/mo. You might have to put a down deposit, most likely.