trying to rent a place and they keep emailing me for more info asking for codes to communicate a this seems like a scam period

Asked by ., Pensacola, FL Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

7
Mirza Shafiq…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Apr 2, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you've been facing troubles in your renting process. You can give me a call if you require further assistance in finding a new home!
Cell: (646) 691-6795
Email: mshafique@rapidnyc.com
Christine Go…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Apr 1, 2013
If you had to talk in "code" I hope you didn't proceed with the rental. If by chance you've had a bad experience, you can contact the NYS Attorney Generals office to report the problem and request assistance in resolving it. Their General Helpline: 1-800-771-7755.

Looking forward,

Christine Gordon
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Cell: 917.881.2924
Fax: 347.328.9352
Apartment updates available at http://www.christinegordon.postlets.com
"Home is where the heart is."
John W. Chang…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Mar 8, 2013
If they ask for more info, such as financial (bank accounts, Social Security) or personal (email passwords), then it's most likely to be a scam. It's also advisable to meet with the landlord in person and ask for their contact info.

Keep this adage in mind: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Yes, unfortunately there are scams out there. If you need help renting an apartment in NY, please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353.
., , Pensacola, FL
Wed Feb 27, 2013
this place is nothing more then a scam for info i m getting called now from unknowns telling me im a landlord ha ha now i wont reply to this anymore i learned my lesson and no thanks i live in nyc now i know u dont need anything but a lease to move to an apartment good luck
., , Pensacola, FL
Wed Feb 27, 2013
yeah they do and this place posts your phone number indiscriminately all over now im suppose to be renting a place as the landlord wow what the hell its a place to scam you out of info
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Scams do exist, therefore always proceed with caution, and always verify ownership before exchanging any money; for scam related information see link below...
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm