said i would move by jan 1st but cannot find another roommate

Asked by Robinshine, Los Angeles, CA Thu Dec 29, 2011

I am listed as a caregiver though I am paying rent as a sublessor to the tenant. I cannot find another suitable place and gave a note saying I would move by Jan 1st. If I need extra time, what is my recourse?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Contact the tenant (your landlord) and request additional time.

Good luck.
0 votes
Douglas Perez, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Does landlord allow to sublet where you live? Many rental contracts don't allow this. Your recourse would be to notify to whom you have your rental contract with, and if subletting is allowed, notify landlord too, in writing.

Doug Perez
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more