Question removed

Asked by Maples, Los Angeles, CA Mon Sep 23, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

9
Carmen Hill, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
You are picking the areas of greatest demand. Think about it--if I have 10+ applications for a rental, why would I take a chance with someone with bad credit? Landlords don't really like "guarantors". A Landlord is going to pick the strongest application if he a a number of applications to choose from. Does your monthly income [that you can document] support a rent that high, $6500+ a month? The question a landlord is thinking is if your income is that high, why do you have bad credit? You have to be able to supply extenuating circumstances as to why your income is high but your credit is bad and also, consider neighborhoods of lesser demand like Westchester, North Hollywood, etc.

Carmen Hill aka Ms. Sherlock Homes
Email: chill@citihousing.com
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Wed Sep 25, 2013
work with an agent, you will be less frustrated and you will be more likely to find what you want.
Jason Callaw…, Agent, LOS ANGELES, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Mandrews323.
Sorry to hear about your experience. You may want to try getting your past rental references (2-3) to write a very good reference letter stating how excellent you are as a tenant and your payment history. You can put this letter at the beginning of your rental applications so it's the first thing the landlords see when you are applying. Give that a shot. If not successful, then send me an email and I can find you a place and represent you on your behalf. Sometimes having representation like myself, helps your case. Good luck! Let me know if I can help. All the best, Jason Callaway, Nourmand & Associates
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013

My office is in Brentwood. I work with many renters and guarantors. Please contact me via Trulia.

Douglas Lagos, Coldwell Banker Residential
11999 San Vicente Blvd., #300, Los Angeles, CA 90049

Tel. 310-463-8088

Douglas@DouglasLagos.com
Web Reference:  http://douglaslagos.com
Maples, Renter, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Thank you everybody for the advice and help. Just to address some points that a couple of you have mentioned: Yes, I already wrote a Letter of explanation re: why my credit is bad and that I am in the process of repairing and rebuilding it. I myself was in the Mortgage lending business for 6 years and lost my job (along with many) in 06-07. Times were tough and that's when my credit went sour, along with my husband at the time, who left me. I struggled with different jobs over the years. As of a couple of years ago, I got lucky and found a job in the entertainment industry working at a production company. I have worked my way up to Production Manager, and making a great income. I now can afford to start working on repairing my credit and rebuilding it back up, (which I already started doing). I guess I should include my proof of income in my rental application package when submitting? Along with my explanation of credit history? Thanks again
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
You may want to stick with the smaller complexes, not corporate owned or managed. There are people who will rent to you with a Guarentor...you just have to find them. Drive the area you want to be in, write down the phone numbers and call them. You will find someone to rent to you...even with bad credit. It may not be the best place or area, but they are out there.

Sonya Coke, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Write a letter to explain why your credit is not so hot. It's important for a prospective landlord to know why. For example, skipping multiple payments on your financial obligations for no reason gets no sympathy. However, explaining I lost my job and had a rough period paying my bills until I became employed again is another story.
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Good morning,
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.
I live in the Marina and know of a few places in your price range. You shouldn't have a problem.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@SusanBour.com
Susan Bradner, Agent, Playa del Rey, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hello. Please give me a call today after 12 noon and I will try to assist you with your credit challenge. I am a real estate agent resident in Playa del Rey. Currently, I have a 2 + 2 condo, also in PDR, which will be available as soon as Oct. 01. It leases for $2800.00. If you have a local co-signor, this should assist you tremendously.

Susan/FosterDouglas (DRE01700672)
310 415-2020
sbradner@fosterdouglas.com