Question removed

Asked by Muriel Brengues, Tempe, AZ Tue Dec 4, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Wed Dec 5, 2012
This is common in NNN leases. The landlord has to pay the tax to the state but is passing this on to you, which is also common. While everything is negotiable before you sign a lease, most landlords will be firm on this in a NNN lease. All the best!
My question is regarding the privilege tax on the real estate tax. I'm fine paying the privilege tax, I want to make sure it is based on the correct charges.
Flag Wed Dec 5, 2012
Jason Rush, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Dec 4, 2012
The rental tax (Transaction Privilege Tax) is based upon the income the property owner receives. The real estate taxes should not be classified as an income to the owner. I would reference the link provided by Paul and research this further. Best of Luck.
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Tue Dec 4, 2012
There is usually a Rental tax depending on your municipality but it is on the base. I would dig deeper.
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Dec 4, 2012
You will want to ask your accountant for more specifics on this.
Paul Papas, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Here is the link to the Arizona Department of Revenue about Privilege Taxes. They would be the ones call if you don't find the info on their website.

http://www.azdor.gov/Business/TransactionPrivilegeTax.aspx