Ruby Deoleo, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

pros and cons of renting an apt vs renting a house

Asked by Ruby Deoleo, Indianapolis, IN Fri Jun 17, 2011

I'm a college student looking for a place to rent on my own. What would be the pros and cons of renting a one bdrm one bth house vs renting an apt or is it pretty much the same. I've been able to find both around the same price. I'm only nineteen and do not have credit so I don't think I can buy.

Answers

3
Shari Mills, , Indianapolis, IN
Fri Jun 17, 2011
I agree with don't let your lack of credit or age stop you. It comes down to responsibility--do you want your money (rent) working for you or not. Your home you can and with an apartment you may or may not--you have to ask permission.
Web Reference:  http://homeguide4u.com
Chanda Barri…, , Indianapolis, IN
Fri Jun 17, 2011
If you rent an apartment, you don't have to worry about upkeep/maintenance of the yard, cutting grass, etc... Utilities like water may be included in an apartment whereas that's not typically included in the rent for a single family home...It all depends on what each offer as far as maintenence/upkeep requirements, utilities, etc...
Michael Weav…, Agent, Carmel, IN
Fri Jun 17, 2011
Your age doesn't affect your CS. Check out HomesInIndianaForSale.com. You can see all the homes in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas...free.

If you need a list of homes for rent, or contract purchase, I can help you with that as well.