my mom is actually the home buyer, she doesnt speak english do im doing the work for her. Our house is being forclosed. can she still rent a house??

Asked by Pa Yang, North Highlands, CA Fri Mar 25, 2011

She is going to have bad credit, so if i cam we combine our income and rent?????

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
Hi Pa Yang,
I agree with Dan that your mom should investigate all alternatives to foreclosure. If she is eligible for a HAFA short sale, the bank may give her a moving allowance. That said, many landlords require 2-3 months deposits for tenants with bad credit due to foreclosure. Good luck,
Web Reference:
1 vote
Doug Zeller, Agent, 95619, CA
Sun Mar 27, 2011
More details about this situation are needed to see seek your best answers or options!

With 65+ years experience in the Sacramento region we'd be glad refer you to professional for advise.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
I'm sorry for your situation. Have you investigated all of your options beside foreclosure? Some include doing a short sale, bankruptcy and deed in lieu of foreclosure. If you do a short sale or declare bankruptcy your mom may get to stay in the house a while longer, check with an attorney.
Because so many people are going through this, you may find renting isn't as tough as you think. Each landlord will set the terms they are willing to accept regarding credit, but many are accepting people with foreclosures.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Rental Basics in North Highlands Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more