is it legal to charge more rent if i move in with my girlfriend in Daly City?

Asked by trence, Daly City, CA Fri Dec 21, 2012

i want to move in with my girlfriend she lives in daly city. the landlord agrees if i pay extra for moving in. i heard this is illegal in san francisco. is it illegal in daly city as well?

Answers

4
Scott Burry, , Daly City, CA
Sun Mar 10, 2013
The rental contract determins your rights duties and obligations. If you have no written contract, you must have an oral contract. That being the case, you may want to write down what your understranding is and see if that issue was addressed. If there was no written or oral contract, your landloard can change the contract with written reasonable adequate notice. Is it fair to have another person move in and thus increase the utilities (such as PG&E, garbage and water) that someoen else must pay? I don't know. Read your contract. Scott Burry - Real Estate Broker
trence, Renter, Daly City, CA
Fri Dec 21, 2012
ive been paying 300 extra, and were on a month to month basis. if i asked for my money back they will most deff kick us out after the first month. it is probably best to wait until im not staying there anymore, right? also should i ask for the money back?
also am i entitled to the money back? ive paid for about 6 or 7 months now. and do i have to have a lawyer to get this money back?
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012
monthly lease*
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012
Joseph Roraff, Agent, Onalaska, WI
Fri Dec 21, 2012
It is illegal and you should report that to the local authorities.
you guys know im talking about daly city right?
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012
Jeff and Sue…, Agent, Redwood City, CA
Fri Dec 21, 2012
its illegal. plain and simple.
oh i made a mistake in my posting. ive BEEN paying 300 a month extra since June
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012
am i entitled to the money i paid so far? i think is $2100. if so how do i claim it back? do i need a lawyer ?
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012