i lease a home in dallas area... i have been here 3yrs the owner of the house i have never saw. my lease was up last year an i never sign a new lease.

Asked by shuketia, Duncanville, TX Sat Aug 4, 2012

i been here for almost another year not being on a lease.. now the person who picks up the rent not the owner never fix things when he supose to an always say he has to ask the owner.. anyway i advise him i was going to pay my rent for the 1st time late on the 9th he told me the owner was going to charge me 350.00 which is 50 dollars aday.. i advise him i do not have that kind of money on top of my 895.00 that i pay. he say that is what your lease states. i advise him im not on a lease but the old lease say 50 on the 4th day an 10.00 a day after that an i told him thats only 90 late fee then he told me well ok.. then i ask him for the owner phone number an he refuse to give it to me . what can i do

Answers

3
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Aug 9, 2012
If he is the owners representative then you will deal with him. Without a lease the owner/landlord/manager can pretty much do as they wish.

Kenny
Sueand2, , Fort Worth, TX
Wed Aug 8, 2012
You can find the owner with a search of http://www.dallascad.org

No lawyers yet but simply reading your lease is a good start - what does it say?

Probably has a notice period to leave...just make sure new digs are lined up first!
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Hello, if you had representation from a professional real estate agent when you leased the home, you may want to speak with that person to see how they can assist you. Otherwise, the Texas Real Estate Commission may be able to assist you with this matter. However; you may want to check your lease, because it "might" state that the lease will be month-to-month after the first year or other terms.