i a landlord goes back on her deal can we get the money back we was forced to pay

Asked by James, 19104 Mon Nov 28, 2011

i have a question my friend made a agreement with his mom that we would fix up a property while living there and she wouldnt charge him rent for five years hes been living here almost two years i moved in to help him a year and a half ago we were fix property a slow speed because weed had to pay the other bills to and fix major problems in the house my friend had got his girl friend pregnant and then his mom comes to us and tells us shes not happy with the progress of the house and decides on her own to take out a loan to fix the house her self and told us we have to pay her back three hundred and fifty a month untill we pay her back we didnt agree she did it with out are permission and we only paid because we didnt have any were else to go and she trying to forced us to pay more money saying its rent were trying to save money to leave but we wanted to know if we stop paying her money does she have the right to ask us to leave and if we can get back the money she made us pay

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Benjamin R. Everett’s answer
Benjamin R.…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Nov 29, 2011

Bruce is right. All real estate matters should be clearly spelled out in writing. Your best bet would be to consult an attorney about your particular situation. Real estate agents are not attorneys, therefore we cannot practice law.

0 votes
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Everything in real estate is best done in writing. Even with family.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more