how can i rent an apartment when i only make 1100 a month. I dont qualify for sec 8 housing

Asked by ckey92, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

3
Jeanette Bell, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Most landlords require their tenants to make at least three times the amount of one months rent. So if you rent an apartment for $300 per month, typically landlords will want to see, via pay stubs, that your monthly gross income is around $900. Some landlords ask you make 2 1/2 times the monthly rent. I would advise asking up front what the requirements are. Best of luck!
Tonja Neal, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Tue Jan 22, 2013
There are multiple availabilities in your price range. Give me a call. I'd love to help.

Tonja
Kristin Dods…, Agent, Saint Charles, MO
Sun Jan 20, 2013
There are all kinds of Government assistance for each state. Go to your cities website and see if there is a link, or better, yet type into the browser,

What apartment buildings give rent assistance?

Here is an example on how some work:

Lets say the Basic rent is $700, you qualify because of low income, the government gives the apartment landlord $200 to subsidies and you pay only $500 per month. Some will include unities too! It may take awhile,to check around and you can always ask if they need help for exchange for rent!

The best of luck to you, Kristin Dodson, Realtor