Jen And Vic, Renter in Canyon Country, CA

have a roomate i need to evict we have no signed lease and she paid cash what is the best way of going about this without craziness HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Asked by Jen And Vic, Canyon Country, CA Wed Nov 2, 2011

i rented a room from my condo that we are renting ourselves and she is now refusing to leave and causing problems among my family i would like he to be as fast as possible we have given her a written 30 day notice but that was a month ago that she was supposed to be out i don't know what to do at this point i want her out before the holidays and help

Help the community by answering this question:


Jen And Vic:

Produced by the State of CA, the following document is an excellent source for understanding the "ends and outs" of renting from both the Landlord and Renter positions.

You should check your rental agreement/lease and then contact your landlord or a RE Lawyer for help.

Best, Steve
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 3, 2011
No written agreement makes this a problem. I would advise you to consult with your landlord. If you sublet without your landlord's knowledge or approval, that creates another set of problems, which may result in your eviction. EIther way, I'd suggest you consult with an eviction attorney in your area. You might also consider calling your Local Tenant's Rights people. They can tell you what your rights are and what your sublet tenant's are. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 2, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer