can a landlord verify employment at anytime after tenant moves in.?

Asked by straz5100, Reading, PA Sat Mar 9, 2013

Answers

4
Deb Bensinger, Agent, Wyomissing, PA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
The only reason I feel the landlord may need to verify employment is because you may be late or not paying your rent as stated in the lease. Otherwise, I do not know why he would need to check. You may want to seek the advice of any attorney.
this question was asked almost a year ago
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Sat Mar 9, 2013
Once you sign a release they can check anytime. As everyone said it doesn't make sense to check after you move in as a you have a lease
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Mar 9, 2013
I guess they could, but you have a lease - right? Is there something in the lease that mentions it or mentions maintaining a job to be able to stay in the rental? Some landlords are more aggressive and demanding than others, but the bottom line is the lease and what it states.
First of all there was never a rental application- I provided all the necessary documentation as requested. Employer issued a letter stating employment at the time of renting.2/1/2013. I notified by employer as the office manager in charge is a good friend, that landlord was calling to verify employment again.
Flag Sat Mar 9, 2013
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Mar 9, 2013
Wouldn't the landlord want to verify employment BEFORE the tenant moves in?