Where can I find relevant rent data online?

Asked by Rafael, Austin, TX Sun Nov 23, 2008

I need to know whether the current rent being paid on an investment property is competitive to the market.

Answers

13
Starlet Sattler’s answer
Starlet Satt…, Agent, Pflugerville, TX
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Rafael,

I'll be happy to email you an updated rental CMA, so that you can see what this investment property should be renting for.

Send me an email with the information and I'll be happy to help you out.

Starlet Sattler
starletsattler@sbcglobal.net
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Rafael, I know you've been waiting since Nov. for my answer, but I've been pretty busy..Please excuse my late response.

Try these.......http://www.zilpy.com/
Rental trends/comparables

http://www.rentometer.com/
Rent comparables

Sorry I was late-Hope this helps, Dunes
Flag Sun Nov 23, 2014
Jim Mackety, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Wed Feb 27, 2013
checking Garden level rental at 3406 wolff st, denver, CO 80212
Savvy Rent, , New York, NY
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Check out SavvyRent.com for rent comparison. See what your neighbors are paying to rent their apartments.
Web Reference:  http://www.savvyrent.com
Charles Whee…, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon May 17, 2010
austinhomesearch.com, this is the search engine from the austin board of realtors. It's not filtered data, but if you sift through the results you'll get the picture. Or, you could just call me.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Apr 3, 2010
I can pull up current information from my Austin MLS access and send you a report. This will be the most accurate and up to date information available.
Mike, , Atlanta, GA
Fri Oct 2, 2009
Both RentoMeter and Zilpy are not responding. Zilpy has been broken for 2 week, and RentoMeter is taking errors this week. Does anyone know of other similar web sites to use for a quick rent estimate?
Pagebypage, , Portland, OR
Fri Jul 31, 2009
As a landlord I have referenced both Rentometer and Zilpy. Rentometer doesn't ask enough info about the apartment to give an accurate value. It only asks about the location and number of bedrooms. It seems to have a fairly accurate source for the places mapped. It gives a range which is very broad. Zilpy, on the other hand, uses more info to make an estimate. It asks about number of bedrooms, baths and sqft. It is fairly accurate for one of our buildings, but is way off (by more than $150 a month) on the other. I am guessing that they don't update their information very well in some areas. Areas with more rental demand seem to get more attention by Zilpy; other areas seem to suffer. When I try to communicate with the site, their link is broken. Rentometer is probably a better choice, since they seem to know what the actual rents are for each building mapped.
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Dp2, Hope you are well and glad if it could help in anyway.
Dp2, , Virginia
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Dunes!!!

You're a life saver. :) I knew about rentometer, but I didn't know about zilpy.
Jay Warren, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Hi Rafael,

You need a Realtor, preferrably one with a back ground in investment properties.

Good Luck in your endeavors.

Jay Warren
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Nov 24, 2008
Dear Rafael,
I would be happy to prepare a CMA for you so that you may determine if your current rent is on parr with whats happening in the neighborhood right now. Just give me a call, my number is on my website.
Betina Foreman, Realtor Austin TX
Web Reference:  http://www.BetinaForeman.com
Josh Thomas, , Austin, TX
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Hi Rafael,
I don't know that there is real time data accessible to the public. However, I have access to the Lease system of the Realtor MLS. Send me your details, and I can run the comps for you based on what is currently being leased and listed.