What does the HOA say about dogs? I have a 2 year old English Bulldog. Was wondering what stipulations the HOA for this complex has put on pets if any

Asked by Twotwo7, Whittier, Frederick, MD Tue Jul 17, 2012

Answers

2
David Winkel…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Tue Jul 17, 2012
HOAs typically do not specify breed of dog but may limit the number of pets per household. Are you renting or buying. If you are renting, the individual unit owners will either allow or not allow pets in their units. If you are buying, you should have no problem owning a pet.
I'll be renting and the owner says he does not mind my dog at all. However, the management company I'm going through say's "they are not sure what the HOA says about dogs for the neighborhood." I looked online and it just seems like they require the pet to be on a leash and to pick up after them.
Flag Fri Jul 20, 2012
David Winkel…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Tue Jul 17, 2012
HOAs typically do not stipulate breed of dog but might stipulate number per household. Are you buying or renting. If you are buying, usually there is no problem. If you are renting, it is up to the individual unit owner as to whether they will allow pets.