Rental Basics in 90059>Question Details

Hector Pandu…, Renter in Pico Rivera, CA

What can I do if my land lord sold his property and the new owner wants us out 3 months after?

Asked by Hector Panduro, Pico Rivera, CA Thu Aug 22, 2013

Our landlord told us about it before hand, but currently I can't find a house I'm literally searching for a house daily with little results. Is there some way I could ask for a little bit more time if I can't find a house.

Yes you can ask the new owners to consider giving you more time. If you are searching on your own without luck try working with a Real Estate Agent or search for a property management company to help you out.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 22, 2013
You can either ask him nicely to extend your time, or he will try and evict you. The eviction process will cost him a lot of money though... I am sure he would much rather give you a little more time than go through an eviction.
Fist - re-read your rental contract or lease. If the new order is living up to the terms of your lease...then just discuss it with him and ask for more time.

When in doubt, offer extra money for the extension...hope that works.
Start packing. Why fight it? Do you really want to live where the landlord does not want you?
You're lucky you have 3 months topack up and find another place.